We all want to fall in love. It’s the only thing that matters in our lives. Movies are imitations of our life so we watch it to experience what we have or don’t have. Living vicariously through the lives of these characters, we get a taste of true love and romance. It takes a good film to engage a person but it takes a hot movie couple to make him or her fall in love. Here are our top ten picks for the hottest onscreen couples of all time:
1. Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams in the Notebook– Who could ever forget the lines “behind every great love story is a great story”? We haven’t! Seeing the two reunite in the rain and kissing passionately… It might be the movies but real passion can’t be faked!
2. Kirsten Dunst and Tobey Maguire in Spiderman– It’s everybody’s dream couple: popular girl and geeky boy. But when geek gets bitten by a radioactive spider, he becomes hotter than ever! Their upside down kiss is unforgettable!
3. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in Mr. and Mrs. Smith– Two gorgeous people in black, bringing guns and fighting back to back… You can’t forget the couple who captured the spotlight with their high profiles and gorgeous genetics. No list is complete without their sizzling chemistry.
4. Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem in Vicky Cristina Barcelona– Although Javier Bardem has his pick of beautiful women as Juan Antonio Gonzalo, his unforgettable love and desire for his ex-wife Maria Elena as played by Penelope Cruz is the best example of boundless passion.
5. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet in Titanic– A shipboard romance with two beautiful people is bound to make our list. Their chemistry was scorching, not to mention their opulent setting. We still can’t get over the sunset, the pose and the burning fire in Leo’s eyes…
6. Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman– Another attraction of the opposites makes our list simply because it works. A serious businessman meets a beautiful prostitute who changes his mind about love. Whether it’s about escorting her through the expensive shops or making love, their chemistry is undeniable.
7. Ryan Phillippe and Reese Witherspoon in Cruel Intentions– Sarah Michelle Gellar might scream sexiness and total badass but it’s Reese Witherspoon who keeps them coming back for more with her angelic looks. Ryan Philippe’s conquest to deflower the goody-two shoes virgin Reese in the movie is still the stuff of fantasies.
8. Rupert Grint and Emma Watson in Harry Potter– Watching them grow up onscreen is something personal. They’re grown up and they mean business! Now that they’re ready to take the Ron and Hermione’s relationship to the next level, we can’t wait to finally see them kiss!
9. Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh in Gone with the Wind– To carve a place in history is no mean feat. This turbulent couple caught our eyes when Rhett swept her off her feet and carried her to their bedroom. No wonder it’s a classic.
10. Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck in Roman Holiday– Seeing them paired up for a sweet fairytale romance between a princess and a simple guy is still bound to take hearts away. It might not have exploding passion or sizzling hot chemistry but it had something that caught our eye: tenderness. Not many movie couples can boast of that!