Going for a body tattoo can be the most effective way of marking an occasion, expressing your thoughts or a form of expression amongst other reasons. Tattoo art is now an established profession with many people now wearing different types of tattoos for different reasons. While you may receive tattoo treatment, its importance may come to pass, necessitating the need to get it removed.
Techniques to Remove Permanent Tattoos
Although permanent tattoos are meant to be as such, you can remove the same through various ways:
- Using tattoo removal cream – Many tattoo removal creams are available in the market. However, the safety of most of the creams has not been ascertained and many dermatologists are always reluctant to recommend their use. They are used as topical application.
- Surgery – Permanent tattoos have traditionally been removed through surgery, which involves the use of varied techniques. In dermabrasion technique, your dermatologist literally sands away the top layer of your skin using special equipments. This procedure can be for several months, giving your skin time to heal before finally getting rid of the tattoo. In incision technique, your pigmented skin is surgically removed before the remaining skin is sewn together for re-growth. Incision technique is now however not common.
- Laser treatment – Laser treatment is the most effective way of removing tattoos. It is highly recommended by dermatologists for its safety. Lasers work by producing short but intense light that passes harmlessly through your skin. The tattoo pigment absorbs the light. The intense light disintegrates the tattoo into very small particles, which your body’s immune system is able to handle by attacking the same and eliminating them. Your body’s immune system naturally portrays the particles as foreign bodies.
Tips to Get Rid of Unwanted Tattoos
Your skin is one of your very important organs. You definitely do not wish to have any skin damage. Because of this, it is important to remove your tattoo(s) in the most safe and effective way. The following tips should be of help in your endeavor to get rid of unwanted tattoo(s):
- Advice – Do not undertake any tattoo re3 TRmoval on your own before contacting your dermatologist for proper advice. In this case, do not use any tattoo cream whose side effects you do not know; you may end up causing serious and unrepairable damage to your skin.
- Regardless of tattoo removal method employed, side effects are likely. Seek from your dermatologist as much information as possible on the likely side effects. Do also seek to know how you will be able to cope with the same before you receive the treatment.
- Tattoo removal can be very expensive. Consult different dermatologists while comparing treatment quotes before settling on one who quotes reasonably.
- Tattoo removal is not instant. While deep tattoos take along time to fade away even after treatment, shallow tattoos will fade away in less time. You should therefore not expect to get rid of your tattoo(s) immediately after treatment.
- Your tattoo removal is not a one-time treatment. Even with laser treatment, you will have to go for several treatment sessions to get rid of your tattoo(s).
- What did you experience when you were receiving your tattoo treatment? Disclose such to your dermatologist just before you receive removal treatment. Such information will be very useful to your dermatologist.
- Make it a point to engage a qualified and certified practicing dermatologist. Obtain information on any dermatologist from the local professional association or society of dermatologists.
It may be necessary to probe your mind before you undertake any form of treatment purely for beauty or expression purposes. You will not only be cutting down on unnecessary costs (removing tattoos is expensive) but also maintaining your natural body health state.