Do you often feel low for your thin hair texture? Does the volume of your hair make you feel deprived? Well, you do not need to worry as thinner hair is easy to maintain and with proper care it can appear shiny and voluminous too. Here is a list of effective methods to care for thin hair:
Shampoo and Conditioning
Keeping hair clean and conditioned is the first step of thin hair care. See how you can do it:
- Whatever be the texture of your hair, washing and cleaning it with a mild shampoo is essential. But, it is always more important to choose the right product or a shampoo that is particularly made for people with thin hair. A proper method of shampooing is also crucial for proper maintenance of thin hair.
- While rinsing your hair with a shampoo, use lukewarm water rather than cold or hot water. Otherwise, the roots of your hair would grow weaker and you would face extensive hair fall.
- Applying synthetic shampoos containing lots of harsh chemicals can take a toll on your thin hair. Try to use products made of herbal ingredients and having a good quality moisturizing agent such as shea butter or coco butter or even essential oils. It would help you keep up the health of your hair.
- Make sure that your shampoo does not hurt your hair too much. But, you still need to condition it in order to repair the already incurred damages as well as for putting a stop to additional damage.
- Provide ultimate care and protection with your thin hair by choosing a live-in conditioner. It is the best way to retain your tresses as it is all through the day.
Proper Hair Care
Handling your hair wisely and carefully is another significant point you should keep in mind while taking care of thin hair. Follow these steps:
- Since you possess thin hair, you should always try to prevent further hair loss or hair damage. Being a bit gentle at the time of detangling your hair would be helpful for you to retain the volume of your hair.
- While combing your hair, always make use of a wide tooth comb to reduce hair fall. Also, opt for natural bristle or ionic brushes in order to handle your hair smoothly as synthetic ones are not so soft on it.
- Stay away from heat as well as chemical styling treatments. Rather stick to natural styling products and methods to get lustrous hair.
- Sun dry your hair rather than going for blow drying. In case, you do not have sufficient time for sun dry, use an ionic dryer so that your hair remains surrounded by a moisture film throughout the day.
- Using blow dryers containing diverse diffusers and serums especially for thin hair can make your hair look thick and voluminous considerably.
Lastly, never forget to include a well-balanced diet, lots of workout and at least 8 hours of sleep in your daily routine.