Your hair are an important part of your body. It is definitely your crowning glory. For this reason, you pay close attention to your hair, tending it with various treatments and applications and one of the challenges you have to put up with is hair fall. Although it is normal to experience hair loss, losing too much is certainly a cause for alarm. Apart from the beauty that your hair provides, it is highly functional; it protects your scalp by absorbing harmful sun radiation. It is therefore very necessary to promote your hair growth. How much do you know about your hair growth? In order to have a natural hair that is beautiful and healthy, you need to know the stages through which your hair grow.
- Anagen stage – At this stage, your hair cells beneath your scalp (at the hair roots) divide rapidly to generate new hair, which is then pushed above your scalp through the follicles. This process requires a lot of nutrients and in particular vitamins for hair. Hair that is formed at this stage is just slightly above the scalp and is sharp, measuring between 1 to 2 centimeters. You may apply oils for hair growth at this stage to speed up hair growth. It takes about 28 days for new hair to appear above your scalp.
- Catagen stage – This stage starts roughly 28 days after the growth of new hair. Hair at this stage requires a substantial amount of vitamins for hair in order to grow strong and healthy. You may still apply oils for hair growth to grow long hair. This stage lasts about 20 days. Because your growing hair takes up a lot of vitamins to grow healthy, you may consider using multivitamins for hair growth to complement those that your body receives through food.
- Telogen stage – This is your hair’s resting stage. Your hair will have grown and matured. While it requires very little amount of vitamins for hair, application of oils for hair growth is necessary to keep your hair moist and shining. This is a very delicate stage because you are likely to experience hair loss and thinning hair problems. You may need to use shampoo hair growth to take care of emerging hair problems such as dandruff. This stage lasts about 100 days before reverting to anagen stage, forming a complete hair grow cycle.
Varied amounts of vitamins for hair and other nutrients are required in the three stages. Because keeping track of the stages can be a challenge, the best you can do is to ensure that your body receives the right vitamins for hair in adequate amounts daily. The vitamins necessary for your faster hair grow include:
- Vitamin A (Retinol) – Vitamin A is fat-soluble and prevents infections on the skin. It therefore provides protection to your scalp against any infections, enabling your hair growth to occur with minimal difficulties. It also aids in eyesight. Your body requires a minimum of 900 mg and a maximum of 3,000 mg of vitamin A daily. While lack of vitamin A exposes your skin (and scalp) to various infections and bad eyesight, excess vitamin A leads to Hypervitaminosis A, a health problem.
- Vitamin E (Tocopherols) – Like vitamin A, Vitamin E is fat-soluble. It is a very powerful antioxidant capable of destroying disease-causing organisms. Working together with other body enzymes, vitamin E ensures that your scalp and skin in general is free of germs, which can inhibit healthy hair growth.
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) – Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin. It is popularly known for its powerful anti scurvy properties because like vitamin E, it is an antioxidant vitamin. Vitamin C ensures that your scalp and hair are free of any germs.
- Biotin and Folic acid – These two substances encourage hair growth. Biotin promotes cell development in conjunction with other vitamins, thereby preventing hair loss and graying of hair. In addition to promoting cell development, Folic acid promotes blood circulation in your scalp, enabling you to have healthy and strong hair growth.
You never need worry of how to grow hair faster. Just make it a routine to eat a diet full of the above vitamins for hair and you will have healthy bouncing hair. You may consider using vitamin supplements to complement those that you obtain from food.