It is a fact that we are all susceptible to hair fall, a natural process in which old hair fall out, giving way for new healthy and strong hair growth. You see this when you comb your hair, remaining with an amount of your hair stuck on the comb. However, you may experience serious hair loss that can leave your scalp patchy. This is a common hair problem that women (and some men who come to develop baldness) have to deal with. Serious and unexplained loss of hair should alert you of a possible serious health problem. When such occurs, it is time to evaluate yourself and ascertain the case.
Causes for hair fall vary greatly. Your hair falling causes may not be the same as for another woman. Some of the most common hair falling causes include:
- Chemicals – Improper use of hair chemicals is a major cause of hair fall. Exceeding chemical use limit, over using the same and using inappropriate chemicals causes a lot of strain on your hair, leading to hair loss.
- Disease – Certain diseases and illnesses have a direct negative impact on your hair. Diabetes and thyroid problems negatively affect your hair. Infection of your scalp will also lead to hair fall.
- Diet – How healthy your hair is depends on your kind of diet. Junk food adds no value to your system and eating the same sees you grow unhealthy and weak hair. Consuming healthy foods and drinks in addition to fruits and vegetables supplies your hair with the necessary vitamins, minerals and vital acids.
- Heat – Exposing your hair to unnecessary too much heat while perming simply destroys your hair. Bleaching also is a cause of hair thinning.
- Medications/Therapies – Certain medications have serious side effects that include loss of hair. In particular, steroids and chemotherapy medications lead to hair fall.
- Childbirth – You are likely to suffer hair loss after giving birth. Although usually a temporary problem that goes away after a few months, you need to seek medical attention if it exceeds six months.
- Neglect – Neglecting your hair can easily lead to hair fall. You give way for dandruff to thrive if you neglect your hair. Dandruff can clog your scalp hair follicles and prevent new hair growth.
Controlling hair loss can be a challenge if you do not know the cause(s). It is necessary to ascertain your hair falling causes before you can employ control measures. Generally, the following control measures should work:
- Hygiene – Maintain a high hygiene standard on your hair. Ensure that your scalp is clean to avoid any infections.
- Avoid dandruff – Although cleaning your scalp will eliminate dandruff, you may need to take additional measures to minimize their occurrence. Invest in an anti-dandruff shampoo to prevent the occurrence of dandruff.
- Seek medical help in case of scalp infection. That will stop your hair falling off.
You have very few options when it comes to hair loss treatments. The only conventional hair treatment available is only necessary if you have serious hair loss, in which case you can receive hair transplants. You are likely to be encouraged to use vitamins for hair growth after going through hair transplants.
Apart from conventional hair fall treatments, you have access to various home remedies that you can use to stop and prevent further hair fall. Such include:
- Drinking adequate water on a daily basis.
- Eat a healthy diet containing vegetables, fruits and healthy oils.
- Wash your hair with apple cider vinegar and sage tea to promote hair growth.
- Message your scalp with a mix of lavender, almond, sesame and bay oil.
- Exercise regularly.
- Apply natural oils on your hair on a daily basis. Such include Olive oil, Castor oil, Coconut oil, Raw Mustard oil and Aloe Vera oil.
These are common ingredients that you can easily obtain, use, stop and encourage the growth of healthy and soft hair that you will be able to comfortably maintain.