Hair loss and thinning is usually a major concern to most women. While it is normal to lose over 100 strands of hair on a single day, excessive loss of the same can be very disturbing. Before you can think of home remedies for hair loss, it is only appropriate that you understand why you may lose excess hair. Varied factors are associated with excessive hair loss. You are likely to experience serious hair loss and thinning as you age. This is bound to increase soon after menopause. Hormonal changes that occur at the onset of menopause also cause hair loss.
You are also likely to experience hair loss after delivery, certainly because of hormonal changes. Various diseases and health conditions are also associated with premature hair loss. Such include syphilis, thyroid disease, bacterial infections, fungal infections and high stress levels. Certain medications and some practices can also cause hair loss. Chemotherapy, birth control medications and such practices as inappropriate hair treatment are major causes of premature hair loss. The main cause of premature hair loss happens to be nutrient deficiencies.
Various home remedies for hair loss are available that you can use to reverse serious premature hair loss. The remedies are readily available ingredients that are not only easy to obtain but affordable as well. They include:
- Healthy diet – A healthy diet is necessary for healthy and strong hair. It has been scientifically established that consuming a diet less rich in vitamins A, B6, B12, C, biotin, folic acid and minerals (copper, iron and zinc) prevents the growth of healthy and strong hair. These nutrients are vital in the formation of red blood cells that supply the necessary oxygen to hair shaft. You can obtain these vital nutrients by sticking to a healthy diet composed of whole cereals, green vegetables and fruits.
- Natural oils – Natural oils have been used for decades to encourage growth of new hair. Natural oils are very good moisturizers and hair-root stimulants that promote growth of hair. Applying a single or combination of natural oils on your scalp twice a day naturally boosts your chances of growing healthy, strong and shiny hair. Such oils include jojoba, emu, kalaya, sunflower and avocado oils.
- Onions – Onions contain very important nutrients necessary for hair growth. Grinding a whole onion and mixing with castor oil and rubbing alcohol produces a very effective hair growth stimulant. Rubbing the mixture into your scalp and leaving it on for 3 hours before rinsing off with water containing lemon juice encourages growth of healthy and strong hair. Doing this at least once a week will see you eliminate the problem of hair loss.
- Salt – Salt is one of the most effective natural remedies for hair loss. Washing your hair with warm water without any shampoo or soap and rubbing in a reasonable amount of salt and leaving on for up to twenty minutes before rinsing off encourages fast hair growth that is both healthy and strong.
- Beer – A mixture of beer and grinded onion easily prevents hair loss. Grind onion peelings before mixing with beer. Rub in the mixture into your scalp and leave on for several minutes before rinsing off. Beer is very effective because it contains vitamins B1, B5, B6, Potassium, Phosphate, Silica, Copper, Ion and Zinc, which are very important in encouraging the growth of healthy hair.
These home remedies for hair loss are not only affordable but also easy to use. In using them however, you need to be careful so as not to use any chemicals because of the risk of reactions. Your hair should ideally be free of any chemicals.