Waxing is one of the preferred methods of hair removal. It will leave you with velvety smooth skin that will feel good when touched. Although it’s been around for some time, it’s still best to have it done by professional cosmetologists and aestheticians. Body waxing can be done by men and women.
Types of Hair Waxing
The common hair removal waxing are arms waxing, legs waxing , bikini line waxing, brows waxing, toes waxing, fingers waxing, upper lip waxing and full facial hair waxing. Brazilian waxing is also very common. Even though regular body hair waxing won’t get rid of your hair permanently, it still has its long-term benefits. Your hair will grow back in two to three weeks; it will be finer and lighter unlike the results from shaving. If it’s done regularly, hair re-growth might be eliminated because of weakened root hairs.
How do you get waxed?
It’s done by applying warm or softened wax(it can be sugar wax, chocolate wax, etc) to your skin and then pulling it off by using a piece of fabric for strip wax thus removing the hair roots. It feels like a hard slap actually. The good news is that the results will
last for two to three weeks. (But you must remember that you can’t wax again until the hair is ¼” long.)
Since waxing is fast and inexpensive then you can do this at home too. While waxing at home, just apply wax in the direction of the hair growth then pull it off quickly in the opposite direction while holding the skin taut. Start with small 2” or 4” sections to get used to it. (You may try sugar waxes for your first-time. They’re water soluble so if you can’t stand the pain then you can wipe off the wax with a damp washcloth.) The bad news is that your hairs can break off at or below the surface of your skin, infection is possible to acquire and it’s difficult to correct if you make mistakes.
If you don’t want to do it at home, you can go to a reputable beauty salon for quick and painless waxing. At the salon, make sure that the aesthetician doesn’t double-dip the waxing stick. She should apply the wax, throw out that stick and use a clean one to prevent the spread of bacteria. You must also ask if she has a state-issued cosmetologist or aesthetician license.
Here are some helpful tips to remember before your waxing session:
- Don’t shave before and after waxing. Your hairs need to be 1/8 inch long before you wax.
- If you have your monthly period, avoid scheduling a waxing session. You must know that your pain threshold is higher at this time. It’s not worth the extra agony, trust me.
- For people with low pain threshold, you might still need to pack a pain reliever into your bag. Take it 15 minutes before your session. You’ll thank me for it.
- After your waxing session, you may put on heavy creams or lotions into the area to soothe it. You may take a shower after two hours too.
- If you want to avoid the possibility of ingrown hairs, apply body lotion and do exfoliation every day. Avoid exfoliation on the same day after your waxing session.
- Body waxing must be done regularly to gain the best results. You must have your appointment booked on a regular schedule to slow down the process of hair growth and keep your velvety smooth skin!