Is tooth pain driving you crazy? There are several effective home remedies for you to get rid of acute tooth ache and bring things under control. Try the following 5 best home remedies for pain in teeth:
Garlic with rock salt
Generally, tooth decay and gum diseases are the main culprits behind excessive tooth pain. All these disorders are caused due to the germs present inside our oral cavity. Garlic can effectively fight the germs and remove your tooth pain entirely.
- Just smash a garlic clove and add rock salt to it. Now, place the whole stuff on the hurting tooth and bite on it to maintain it in its position.
- Also, bite on the crushed garlic every few minutes to let the juice out.
- Repeat the procedure 2-3 times a day. Again, apply some garlic juice on the tooth before going to the bed.
A slice of onion
If the smell of garlic is something that you cannot put up with, switch to onion. It is a highly antibacterial element that can kill oral bacteria and put a stop to the tooth pain and decay.
- Take a slice of onion, place it on the aching tooth and bite on it to discharge the juice.
- Change the slice every few hours and thus repeat the process 3-4 times a day. It will definitely help you remove the pain in your teeth.
Bite on a lime
Several researches have proved that vitamin C is one of the major elements that can provide protection for your teeth against various dental diseases and tooth decay which eventually result into tooth pain. Hence, using vitamin C-rich foods can heal your tooth pain easily. Lime is an important source of vitamin C.
- If you are going through severe tooth pain, take a small lime and bite on it.
- If you feel that biting on an entire lime is not your cup of tea, just cut it into two smaller pieces and put one of them inside your mouth. Do not take the piece of lime out of your mouth until the pain settles.
A piece of crushed clove
Another well-known home remedy for toothache is cloves that can treat the pain almost instantly. Just one piece of clove can do wonders!
- Mash the piece of clove to some extent and place it under the teeth where you are feeling acute pain.
- Keep the crushed clove in the proper position by biting on it. Just after a few minutes, you will start feeling better. Repeat the process 2-3 times a day and finally the pain will be stopped completely.
Asafoetida with lime juice
Have you ever tried asafoetida to get rid of toothache? Well, it has strong healing power that can eradicate even extreme tooth pain and the power almost doubles when mixed with lime juice.
- Take a pinch of asafoetida and mix it with lime juice to make a smooth even paste.
- Cover the sensitive tooth completely with this paste. In the mean time, seal the coating by biting on a lime so that it remains on the aching tooth. Within a few minutes, the paste will start its action and the double power asafoetida and lime will eliminate your tooth pain completely.
Tooth pain can sometimes go from bad to worse before you even realize it. Do not worry. Keep the aforementioned solutions handy and just forget the pain!