Hair loss refers to the process that involves unusual loss of hair mainly from the head in both men and women. Unlike with normal hair loss that involves minimal loss of hair every day accompanied by a fresh growth of hair, re-growth of new hair does not happen with unusual hair loss. Medically referred to as alopecia, unusual hair loss can be caused by various factors including autoimmune conditions (overactive thyroid, diabetes, cancer) hormonal changes (such as during pregnancy and when approaching menopause), high-stress level and medications (anticoagulants, high blood pressure medications) among other causes.
Hair loss can be a cause of depression, which makes it necessary that you address the same. Luckily, various home remedies are available that you can use to prevent hair loss long before it starts.
Fenugreek seeds contain minerals and other nutrients that enhance the growth of hair. It is also very effective in rebuilding damaged hair follicles. In addition, using Fenugreek to prevent hair loss has the added benefit of making your hair strong, long and shiny.
- Soak a cup of Fenugreek seeds in clean water overnight.
- Pound the soft seeds in the morning to obtain a uniform paste. Apply the paste on your scalp, ensuring that available hair does not prevent application down to the skin on your head.
- Leave the paste on for at least 30 minutes before washing it off.
Do this at least once a month to help prevent hair loss in addition to improving the look and feel of your hair.
2. Coconut Milk
Coconut oil is used in varied health applications. Consider making use of the milk instead to prevent any unusual loss of hair. Coconut milk contains a high amount of vitamin E, potassium, proteins and essential fats. These ingredients combine to make your hair strong. The milk is also a good moisturizer that prevents unnecessary splitting of hair.
- Obtain fresh coconut milk.
- Clean your hair and scalp of any chemicals or shampoo.
- Give the hair some time to dry before applying the milk on the soft scalp.
- Cover your head with a towel to lock the nutrients in for about 30 minutes. Wash your hair and give it time to dry naturally.
It is very important that you avoid applying any chemicals on your hair soon after applying coconut milk. Consider applying coconut milk on your scalp at least once a month to prevent unusual hair loss.
3. Aloe Vera
In addition to Aloe Vera oil, the plant is rich in varied minerals and healthy fats that promote re-growth of hair. Applying Aloe Vera juice on your hair also improves the appearance and feel of your hair.
- Obtain a fresh leaf of Aloe Vera plant.
- Boil the leaf in water to transform its toxin content to salicylic acid, which is skin-friendly.
- Cut the leaf vertically at the middle before squeezing out the sap.
Use the sap to massage your scalp, ensuring that you feel it penetrating your skin. Leave it on for at least 20 minutes before washing your scalp. Do this every month to avoid hair loss.
4. Onion Juice
Onion juice contains high levels of antibacterial properties and sulfur. It is a very good remedy for hair loss caused by bacterial infection. The sulfur is not only effective in treating damaged follicles but is also good at encouraging the growth of new hair.
- Grate at least two large onions.
- Collect the pieces together and squeeze to obtain the juice.
- Use a cotton wool to apply the juice directly to your scalp. Let it set in for at least 30 minutes before washing your scalp. Use the juice once every month to prevent hair loss.
Beetroot is very rich in vitamins B and C, protein and potassium. These are important nutrients that encourage the growth of new hair.
- Obtain a bunch of fresh beetroot leaves and boil the leaves for about 20 minutes.
- Grind the leaves to form a paste.
- Add a little amount of honey to the paste and mix well.
- Apply the mixture directly on your scalp and leave it on for at least 30 minutes before washing it off. Do this on a monthly basis to main your hair.
6. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C and other essential nutrients that are good for treating any infection on your scalp. Its acidity nature also serves to tighten skin pores, making it hard for hair to fall off easily.
- Get at least 3 ripe lemons.
- Cut them into halves before squeezing out the juice into a glass.
- Strain the juice to obtain a clear juice.
- Apply the juice directly to your scalp and massage it to ensure that it goes deep. Leave the juice on for at least 10 minutes before washing your scalp.
7. Potato Juice
In addition to vitamin C, potato juice contains iron and potassium. These are nutrients that are beneficial to your hair.
- Get a medium size potato.
- Peel the skin off and cut it into pieces.
- Put the pieces in a grinder before adding a little amount of water.
- Run the blender before straining the solution to obtain potato juice. Add a little amount of honey to the juice to make it potent. Apply the mixture to your scalp and leave it on for at least 30 minutes before washing.
Neem contains a lot of antibacterial properties that not only promote the growth of healthy hair but also treat any bacterial infection on your scalp. It is also effective in enhancing the flow of blood to your skin, which nourishes hair roots.
- Get a bunch of Neem leaves.
- Boil the leaves in water for about 10 minutes.
- Give the solution time to cool before washing your scalp and hair with the solution. Do this at least once every month to prevent hair loss.
Hair loss can be a serious problem when not addressed in good time. Indeed, it can be a cause for depression, which can take a toll on your health. The above remedies have been used for centuries and are still in use. Consider using any of them to effectively prevent hair loss.