4 Proven Natural Ways to Balance Your Hormones

Hormones are what you can say to be messengers within your body. They are transported by blood through your bloodstream into body organs and tissues. Hormones work at a slow but steady pace and work for a long time. There are different hormones that play different roles within your body including promoting growth and development of your body, in metabolism process, in sexual function and in determining your mood among other functions.

Production of hormones within the body is by group of cells referred to as endocrine glands including thyroid, pancreas, adrenal glands, pituitary, thymus and pineal. In addition to these glands, hormones are also produced testes in case of men and ovaries in case of women. Production of hormones involves use of healthy fats and cholesterol. Although production for hormones is a natural process, there is always the risk of your endocrine gland using toxic substances to produce hormones. This can easily lead to your body’s hormonal imbalance. It is therefore important that you undertake additional measures to ensure that your hormones remain balanced at all times.

Natural ways to Balance your Hormones:

1. One effective way of balancing your hormones naturally is by not consuming polyunsaturated fats. These are man-made fats commonly found in vegetable oils. Your body requires an average 95% saturated and monounsaturated fats with the remaining 5% made up of polyunsaturated fat. This is the best situation that encourages hormonal balance. Consuming polyunsaturated fat contained in vegetable oils simply increases level of the same, which in effect replaces saturated fats, leading to hormonal imbalance. The disadvantage with polyunsaturated fat is that it easily oxidizes oxidation that causes cell mutation and inflammations within the body. It is therefore very important that you avoid consuming vegetable oils, soybean oil, canola oil and peanut oil among others and instead restrict yourself to consuming coconut oil, animal fat and olive oil among others.

See Also  Use Water to Achieve your Weight Loss Goals

2. You can also balance your hormonal balance naturally by minimizing intake of caffeine. Found in some of the most popular beverages and soft drinks including coffee, caffeine’s action within your body affects the endocrine system negatively, leading to either overproduction or underproduction of specific hormones, causing hormonal imbalance. Consuming beverages and drinks containing caffeine during pregnancy can even be worse since pregnancy itself causes some level of hormonal imbalance.

3. Toxins that enter your body through food stuffs you eat or water that you drink also cause hormonal imbalance. Such toxins include pesticides and chemical substances found in plastics among others. It is therefore very important that you go the extra mile to ensure that you identify source of food stuffs sold at your regular grocery store before you buy. It is also important that you take such other steps that help in avoiding toxins as ensuring that you live in a healthy environment where indoor air circulation is at its best.

4. Another great and simple way of balancing your hormones naturally is by ensuring that you get adequate sleep. It has been proven that lack of adequate sleep does not only cause stress but affects production of specific hormones as well. There are those hormones that are only produced when your body is at rest and failure to get quality sleep for at least eight hours per day simply interferes with production of the same, leading to hormonal imbalance.

These are no doubt just a few of the ways through which you can balance your hormones naturally. It is important that you take all of them into account because you may stick to one and yet cause hormonal imbalance by avoiding the other.

You Might Also Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *