Stretch marks are lines that appear on the skin. They develop in a color slightly different from your skin color and are, therefore, visible. Development of stretch marks occurs in the middle layer of your skin (dermis) as the result of over-stretching of the connecting tissue.
Although stretch marks can develop on any part of your skin, they mostly occur in such areas as the abdomen, upper arms, shoulders, thighs, breasts, and buttocks. This is because these areas have skin under which fat is deposited. The occurrence of stretch marks is usually during puberty, during/after pregnancy and after rapid weight loss. It is also possible to have stretch marks as the result of other skin condition and prolonged use of corticosteroid medications.
The occurrence of stretch marks causes blemishes on the skin. Luckily, various home remedies are available that you can use to remove stretch marks.
1. Castor Oil
Castor oil is a powerful home remedy for addressing many skin conditions including acne, wrinkles and aging spots. It enhances the production of elastin and collagen. Both are good at helping the skin to return to its position before the stretching.
- Clean the affected area with warm water.
- Apply the oil and perform massage in a circular motion to let it penetrate into the skin.
- Wrap the area with a clean cloth before putting a hot-water bottle on the cloth to speed up the absorption of the oil by the skin.
Do this for at least a fortnight to get rid of stretch marks.
2. Egg White
The white part of an egg contains beneficial protein and amino acids, which are very good for the skin.
- Separate the white part of two eggs into a bowl.
- Whip the same to obtain a uniform thick solution. Clean the affected area with warm water before applying the thick solution using a brush.
- Allow the solution to be absorbed by the skin until it dries up. Do this once every day for a fortnight to address stretch marks.
3. Natural Sugar/Lemon Juice
Using natural white sugar and lemon juice gets rid of stretch marks very easily. While sugar serves to exfoliate the skin, lemon juice contains vitamin C and other beneficial ingredients that penetrate the skin to address stretch marks.
- Mix a spoonful of white sugar with a reasonable amount of lemon juice.
- Mix the two thoroughly before applying the resultant mixture on affected areas of your skin. Rub the applied mixture for your skin to absorb the nutrients.
Do this once every week for at least a fortnight to get rid of stretch marks.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is one of the most powerful home remedies used to treat various skin conditions. It contains beneficial minerals and acids that are very good for the skin. It also contains collagen, which is very good for your skin.
- Clean areas of your skin affected by stretch marks with warm water.
- Dry the areas before applying pure Aloe Vera gel. Leave the gel on for at least 10 minutes before cleaning it off. Do this once every day for a fortnight to get rid of stretch marks.
5. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is a powerful moisturizer. It also contains vitamin E and antioxidants that help to protect your skin in addition to eliminating free radicals.
- Apply a reasonable amount of cocoa butter on affected areas of your skin after cleaning the areas with warm water.
- Leave it on for at least 30 minutes before washing it off. Do this for at least a fortnight to eliminate stretch marks.
6. Lemon Juice
In addition to vitamin C, lemon juice contains other ingredients including acids that help to maintain promote skin health. Indeed, lemon juice is commonly used to treat scars and acne.
- Clean areas of your skin affected by stretch marks.
- Apply fresh lemon juice on the areas before rubbing the juice in a circular motion for the skin to absorb the beneficial ingredients.
- Do this daily for at least a fortnight to treat stretch marks.
7. Potato Juice
Potato juice is rich in starch, which is a very good emollient that acts to sooth the skin. It also has antioxidant properties. Furthermore, potato juice is rich in folate, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, iron and potassium. These minerals are not only beneficial to the rest of your body but to your skin as well.
- First step is to clean areas of your skin affected by stretch marks.
- Cut fresh potato and rub a piece on the affected area for at least 5 minutes.
- Allow the juice to dry completely. It is recommended that you do not wash it off for at least an hour to allow the skin to absorb all the nutrients.
Do this for at least a fortnight to treat stretch marks.
8. Olive Oil
Olive oil is rich in vitamins A and E. It is also a powerful moisturizer and cleanser. Vitamin E is very important because it helps to eliminate free radicals on the skin.
Consider massaging areas of your skin affected by stretch marks with pure olive oil daily for at least a week to get rid of stretch marks.
9. Natural Sugar/Natural Oil
Natural sugar contains hydroxic acid that helps to promote skin health. It also contains glycolic acid, which helps to encourage the development of youthful skin. Sugar is also very at exfoliating the skin of dead skin.
- Mix a spoonful of sugar with any natural oil you can find.
- You may choose to add a little amount of honey or lemon juice if you wish to make it potent.
- Clean areas of your skin affected by stretch marks before applying the mixture and rubbing it in gently for at least 10 minutes. Do this every day for at least a week to effectively get rid of stretch marks.
10. Alfalfa Leaves
The leaves of Alfalfa contain high amounts of vitamins E and K. The leaves also contain up to 8 different types of amino acids that are good for the skin. This is in addition to a high amount of protein.
- Crush a handful of Alfalfa leaves to form a paste.
- Add a few drops of any natural oil to the paste before applying the paste on the affected areas.
- Massage it deep for the skin to absorb the nutrients.
Do this every day for at least a week to quickly treat stretch marks.
These are powerful home remedies for various skin conditions including stretch marks. You should be able to find them in your locality and they are very affordable.