You must have heard a lot about fish oil, cod liver oil, halibut liver oil, and some other oils which are truly beneficial for human beings from various aspects. Well, do you know about ‘krill’ as well as the incredible benefits of krill oil? Krill is the common name of little, translucent crustaceans that are scientifically termed as Euphausia.
These shrimp-like creatures are basically deep see species and chiefly feed on phytoplankton. The body fat of small krill is used to extract the oil from it which is considered to be an exceptional resource of antioxidants as well as Omega 3 fatty acids. Krill oil is extremely healthy and provides a lot of nutritional as well as other benefits. Go through the rest part to know more about the benefits of krill oil on our nutrition and our hair:
Nutritional benefits of krill oil
Krill oil is one of the most nutritious oil for mankind. Some of its excellent nutritional advantages are listed below:
- Krill oil is a brilliant source of essential fatty acids – Omega 3s, especially docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Some other sources of these crucial fatty acids are certain fatty fishes such as tuna, sardines, salmon etc., but krill oil is regarded as superior than all.
- Phospholipids are the most easily absorbed form of omega 3 fatty acids. As the krill oil contains this simplest form of omega 3s, it is absorbed by our body more simply and rapidly.
- While fish oil is absorbed in the stomach, krill oil is absorbed by our small intestine directly. Therefore, it does not leave a fishy taste after intake.
- Krill oil consists of a powerful antioxidant named Astaxanthin which is proved to be almost 10 times stronger than carotene.
- Being a rich source of omega 3s, krill oil helps us deal with several cardiac disorders effectively.
- Krill oil is also useful in maintaining an average blood pressure level by controlling the high level of blood pressure.
- It helps us reduce the signs and symptoms of arthritis.
- Krill oil keeps our skin and nails healthy and beautiful.
Health Benefits of krill oil for hair
Krill oil has the following advantages on our hair:
- It contains two vital vitamins – E and D. Omega 3 fatty acids along with vitamin E add to the overall health of hair and help us retain strong as well as glossy hair.
- Dry scalp is the root cause of annoying dandruff and hair loss. Using krill oil daily cures the dry scalp problem efficiently.
- Regular use of krill oil supplies sufficient amount of essential nutrients to our hair which leads to stronger hair follicles as well as healthy and glowing hair.
- The omega 3 contents of krill oil promote the regrowth of hair cells which eventually fight extensive hair fall problem by repairing hair damage.
As krill are sea creatures, it can be a reason of allergy in some people. Hence, those who are allergic to shellfish or have bleeding disorders must avoid the application of krill oil. People using blood thinners should also strictly avoid it in order to stay away from any complication.