Many articles have been written on dieting, the impression created, and which many people have come to believe in is that dieting means going without food in order to loose weight. This is certainly true. Dieting does not mean going without food in any way but rather ingesting food in a regulated manner. Such a move does not only lead to weight loss. You can diet in order to maintain your present weight; neither losing nor increasing it, as is common with athletes. You can also diet in order to increase your weight in case yours is too low. In such a case, you aim to increase your muscle mass rather than fat deposits. If you are overweight or obese, you are obligated to undertake dieting along with physical exercises to loose weight.
It is a fact that many diet plans are designed for those who are overweight or obese to help them in their weight loss struggle. In dieting for weight loss, you need to follow a safe dieting program that burns excess fat deposits instead of a dieting program that apart from burning excess fat extends to reducing your muscle mass. You need strong built muscles to maintain physical fitness and reducing the same is not appropriate. You can design a dieting plan in different ways, targeting low fat intake, low calorie intake, very low calorie intake, low cab intake, fat burning diet or a detox diet.
Different Diet Plans for Weight Loss
- Low fat dieting plan – You can design a low-fat dieting plan, making sure that your regular diet contains very low fat. This is particularly necessary if you use ‘hard’ fat in your cooking. Your plan should only target the amount of fat you ingest, do not bother about other components. From studies undertaken, low-fat dieting leads to 3.2 kg weight reduction over a period of 2 months.
- Low-carbohydrates dieting plan – You can design a low-cab dieting plan and effectively shed off excess weight within a month. Your diet should restrict the amount of carbohydrates you ingest. To be on the safe side, increase the amount of protein in your diet while drastically cutting down on carbohydrates. This type of dieting has also been found to lead to weight reduction of 3 kg over a period of one month.
- Low-calorie dieting plan – In randomized controlled trials study conducted by the US National Institute of Health, a low-calorie diet is capable of achieving a weight reduction of 1 kg in a week. This rapid reduction comes about because this type of dieting leads to loss of both fat and muscle mass. Do design a low calories diet that extends beyond two weeks.
- Very low-calorie dieting plan – This type of dieting is a combination of low fat and low-calorie dieting plans. Because of reduced in the intake of fat and calories, you are capable of loosing between 1.5 to 2.5 kg in a week. A very low-calorie diet is a form of crash diet that you should not undertake beyond two weeks.
- Detox dieting plan – You can design a detox diet that does not only aid in burning excess fat deposits but also cleans your body of waste products including toxins. In this regard, a liquid diet rich in different minerals, vitamins and essential oils is suitable.
Dieting is certainly one of the right solutions to weight loss. One of its benefits is that you are able to shed off excess weight in a controlled manner without any risks. You are also able to shed off excess weight fast but in a safe way. It is important to add that you may not undertake more than one of the above dieting plans at the same time. Doing so can deprive your body of vital energy and nutrients, which definitely presents health challenges. It is also necessary that you do not embark on any type of dieting without consulting your doctor or nutritionist. Note that dieting is only safe to the extent that all possible risks have been addressed. Such include your overall health condition, whether you are pregnant or lactating and evaluation of your daily routine(s).