What you need
Fresh Strawberries 3 pints
Sugar(White) 2/3 cup
Baking Powder 2 teaspoons
Flour(All purpose) 2 1/4 cups
Milk 2/3 cup
Heavy Cream(Whipped) 2 cups
Salt 1/4 teaspoon
Shortening 1/3 cup
Preperation Time: 30min
Cooking Time 20min
What to do
1. Cut the strawberries into slices amd toss them with 1/2 cup of white sugar. Keep them aside.
2. Grease and flour one 8 inch round cake pan.
3. Combine the flour, 2 tablespoons white sugar, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl. Cut in the shortening with a blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in its center and add the milk and beaten egg. Keep stirring until it gets compined.
4. Spread the batter into the pan prepared. Bake at 425 oF(220 oC) for 15-20 min or until its golden brown. Let it cool partially in pan on wire rack.
5. Cut Slices of partially cooled cake in half, making two layers. Place half of the strawberries on one layer and top with the other
layer. Now, top with the remaining strawberries. Cover them with whipped cream.
Tip: Preheat the oven to 425 oF(220 oC).